|Lecturer (01.01.2015-till now)
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
|Water Resources Engineering|
- Large-scale hydrologic modelling and long-term data analysis
- Climate change impacts on water quality
- Atmospheric modelling of environmental management system
- Sediment transport and fluvial processes
- River basin management systems
Courses Conducted as a Lecturer:
Geographic Information System and Remote Sensing, Hydraulic Structure Sessional, River Engineering, Open Channel Hydraulics, Fluid Mechanics (Theory and Sessional)
11/2015 – ongoing MS in Water Resources Engineering (Part-time)
Grade: 3.75/4.00 (until now)
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
01/2011 –12/2014 BS in Civil Engineering (Major in Water Resources Engineering)
Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Bangladesh University of Professionals (BUP), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Higher Secondary Certificate (H.S.C)-SOS Hermann Gmeiner College , 2010
Secondary School Certificate (S.S.C)- SOS Hermann Gmeiner College, 2008
- Conference Proceedings:
- “Analysis of Spatial Variation of Groundwater Depths Using Geo-Statistical Modelling in the Vicinity of Sylhet City, Bangladesh”, Paper ID: ICCWS-44; Poster ID: P-16, 1st International Conference on Climate Change and Water Security; Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Authors: Chowdhury M. Toufiq Amin, Md. Abu Zafor, Dr. Md. Jahir Bin Alam , Tanay Datta Chowdhury and Arefin Haque
- “Estimation of Suspended Sediment Concentration in Still Water Bodies Using Low Cost Portable Digital Camera”, Paper ID: ICACE-248, 3rd International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering; Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology (CUET), Chittagong, Bangladesh. ISBN- 978-984-34-1662-9
Authors: A. Haque and K. K. Adhikary
- “Water Quality of DND Canal from the Perspective of Saidabad Water Treatment Plant (SWTP)”, Paper ID: ICACE-295, 3rd International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering; Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology (CUET), Chittagong, Bangladesh. ISBN- 978-984-34-1662-9
Authors: K.K Adhikary, A. Haque, R. Ferdous and N. Huda.
- Poster Presentations:
- 1st Regional Seminar on Climate Change, Water Security and prospects of Rain Water in Bangladesh; sponsored by Department of Civil Engineering, MIST and Water Aid held on 27 August, 2014.
- International Conference on Climate Change and Water Security held on 27 December, 2015 in MIST, BUP.
Awards & Honors
- Participated in the ACI mortar workability competition organized by American Concrete Institute (ACI) in Minnesota, USA and awarded 4th
- University Merit Scholarship for remaining within top 5% of the class in each academic year.
- Commandant’s Award (two times) for securing a CGPA of 3.80 and above during undergraduate studies.
- Dean’s Award (two times) for securing a CGPA of 3.70 and above during undergraduate studies.
- Talent Based Scholarship in Junior Scholarship Examination (Eighth Grade) in which I have stood 1st from Mirpur Thana under Dhaka district.
- Dhaka Mahanagar Scholarship for outstanding performance in Secondary School Certificate Examination, 2008.