Faculty of Civil Engineering
Muntahith Mehadil Orvin completed B.Sc. from Civil Engineering (CE) Department of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET).
His research interest focuses on transportation and integrated land use modeling. He is also interested in traffic modeling and simulation of transportation systems. Travel behavior analysis of sustainable mode and shared mobility users is also one of his desirable research areas. Furthermore, he has an interest in sustainable transportation, public transportation, pavement materials, and road safety.
Master of Applied Science in Civil Engineering (Transportation Engineering)
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
The University of British Columbia (UBC), Okanagan, Canada
Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST):
Dept. of Civil Engineering (CE)
- CE 451 (Pavement Design and Traffic Management)
- CE 452 (Highway Materials and Traffic Engineering Design Sessional)
- CE 454 (Traffic Studies and Pavement Design Sessional)
- CE 212 (Structural Mechanics and Materials Sessional)
- CE 204 (Computer Programming Sessional)
- CE 103 (Surveying and spatial information Engineering)
- CE 316 (Concrete Structures Design Sessional)
University of Information Technology and Sciences (UITS):
Dept. of Civil Engineering (CE)
- CE 201 (Engineering Materials)
- CE 431 (Traffic Planning and Management)
- CE 434 (Transportation Engineering Lab II)
Sonargaon University (SU):
Dept. of Civil Engineering (CE)
- CE 453 (Pavement Design and Railway Engineering)
- CE 214 (Engineering Materials Sessional)
- Orvin, M.M., and Fatmi, M.R. (2020). Modeling Destination Choice Behavior of the Dockless Bikesharing Services Users: Assessing Origin-destination Inter-dependency Using Their Built Environment Attributes. Fully peer-reviewed proceedings of the 99th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board (TRB), Washington D.C., USA, Jan 12-16, 2020.
- Orvin, M.M., and Fatmi, M.R. (2020). Modeling the Reasons for Choosing Dockless Bikesharing Services?: Assessing the Effects of Transportation Infrastructure, Land Use, and Neighborhood Attributes. Fully peer-reviewed proceedings of the 99th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board (TRB), Washington D.C., USA, Jan 12-16, 2020.
- Orvin, M.M., Ahmed, D., Fatmi, M.R., and Lovegrove G. (2020). Developing Multi-modal Trip Generation Model: Improving ITE’s Method. Fully peer-reviewed proceedings of the 99th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board (TRB), Washington D.C., USA, Jan 12-16, 2020.
- Orvin, M.M., and Fatmi, M.R. (2019). Why Individuals Choose Dockless Bicycle-Sharing Services? Assessing The Effects of Built Environment and Land Use Attributes. Fully peer-reviewed proceedings of the 54th Annual Conference of the Canadian Transportation Research Forum, Vancouver, Canada, May 26-29. Accepted, Publication Date: May 2019.
- Orvin, M. M., & Amanat, K. M. (2018). “Determination of Minimum Slab Thickness of RCC Slab in order to Prevent Undesirable Floor Vibration Phenomena”. Fully peer-reviewed proceedings of the Urbanization Challenges in Emerging Economies :Resilience and Sustainability of Infrastructure, pp. 121-128. https://doi.org/10.1061/9780784482032.013.
- Orvin M. M., Md. Hadiuzzaman, Hasib Mohammed Ahsan. “Performance Evaluation of a Four-legged Intersection using Microscopic Simulation Model”, 12th International Transportation Specialty Conference, CSCE-2018 Annual Conference, Fredericton, NB, Canada, June 13-16, 2018.
- Orvin M. M., Amanat K. M. “Determination of Minimum slab thickness of RCC slab in order to prevent undesirable floor vibration phenomena”, ASCE India Conference 2017.
- Orvin, M. M., Amanat, K. M., & Kawsar, A. A. (2016). “Analysis of Slab Thickness Requirement of RCC Slab in order to Prevent Undesirable Floor Vibration. In Proceedings of 3rd International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering, Chittagong, Bangladesh (pp. 21-23).
- Orvin, M.M., and Fatmi, M.R. (2020). Modeling Destination Choice Behavior of the Dockless Bikesharing Services Users: Assessing Origin-destination Inter-dependency Using Their Built Environment Attributes. Transportation Research Record (TRR): Journal of of the Transportation Research Board (TRB) (Under final review)
- Shah, M., Orvin, M., Hadiuzzaman, M., Samin W., & Selina N. (2019). “Investigating Network Efficiency Improvement Measures Using Simulation Technique in Mirpur Area”, International Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering (IJTTE), Vol. 8 No. 1, 2019, pp. 8-17. doi: 10.5923/j.ijtte.20190801.02.
- Orvin M.M. (2016). “Minimum Slab Thickness Requirement of RCC Slab in order to Prevent Undesirable Floor Vibration”. International Journal of Advances in Mechanical and Civil Engineering, ISSN: 2394-2827, Volume-3, Issue-3.
Workshops/Short Courses attended
- Participated in Design of Steel and Concrete Structures for Lateral Loads using Proposed BNBC-2015 from 7 to 8 Oct 2016 in MIST
- Took part in Disaster Response Exercise and Exchange-2017 from 8 to 12 October 2017 in Dhaka jointly organized by Ministry of Disaster Management and Relief, Bangladesh Armed Forces Division and US Army Pacific
- Participated in Construction Project Management course from 10 to 11 Dec 2017 held in MIST conducted by Prof Irtishad Ahmad, PhD, Director, Mass School of Construction, Infrastructure and Sustainability, Florida International University, USA
- Attended a seminar titled “Sustainability of Concrete” on 18 Dec 2017 run by Islamic University of Technology (IUT) & Asian Concrete Federation (ACF)
- Participated in Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) Line 5 alignment survey study within the Dhaka Cantonment area which is a project under Dhaka Mass Transit Development Project implemented by Govt. of Bangladesh
- Engaged in consultancy works in MIST under the umbrella of Center for Advisory and Testing Services (CATS, MIST)
- Participated in MIDAS (Civil) Training Course in Mumbai, India from 28 August to 04 September 2018
- Traffic Impact Survey (TIA) for 2 days (at Sutrapur and Postogola) organized by Civil Engineering Department, BUET
- Roundabout Design at Polashi 5-leg Intersection organized by Civil Department, BUET
- Airport Runway Pavement Reconstruction Monitoring at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, Dhaka for 1 day jointly supervised by Civil Aviation Authority, Bangladesh and BUET
- Three weeks survey at Keraniganj, Dhaka and Eastern Housing organized by BUET and MIST respectively
- Monitoring of Footing Construction of a Residential Building at Kolabagan, Dhaka in the Course ‘Details of Construction’ organized by Civil Department, BUET
Awards, Recognition, and Honours
- Awarded University Graduate Fellowship (UGF) from UBC, Canada
- Awarded Graduate Deans Entrance Scholarship from UBC, Canada
- Awarded Graduate Research Assistantship from UBC, Canada
- Awarded University Scholarship for being positioned in the merit list (within first 10 students out of 205) in 3 Terms for outstanding academic performance.
- Achieved Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC, Public exam of our country) Scholarship in 2008 for excellent result.
- Achieved Secondary School Certificate (SSC, Public exam of our country) Scholarship in 2006 for an excellent result.
- Attained Junior School Certificate (JSC, Public exam of our country) Scholarship in 2004 which is a prestigious award.
|Email is the best way to get in touch with me.
Please mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org