Captain Sampa Akter, Engrs
Civil and Structural Engineering
Numerical Modeling of Structures under Blast Loading using RC-Blast, Finite Element Software SAP2000 and ABAQUS, Analysis and Design of building and Foundation using ETABS and Geo5, High Strength Concrete, Polymer Concrete and Fire proof Concrete.
- Pursuing M.Sc in Structural Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Coursework completed with CGPA-3.83/4.00).
- Completed B.Sc. in Civil Engineering (Major: Structural Engineering) with CGPA-3.88/4.00 from Military Institute of Science and Technology, 2013
- Completed Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSC) with GPA-5.00/5.00 from National Ideal College, 2009
- Completed Secondary School Certificate (SSC) with GPA-5.00/5.00 from Shimrail High School, 2007
Steel and Timber Structures, Foundation Engineering, Design of Steel Structure Sessional (Steel Roof Truss and Steel Bridge Design using SAP2000), Concrete Structure Design Sessional, Foundation Engineering Design Sessional (Raft design by SAFE , retaining wall, Shallow and Deep foundation Design by Geo5v19 software, Borelog preparation by Geo-graphics software), Quantity Survey Sessional, Details of Construction Sessional, Concrete and strength of Materials Lab , Geotechnical Engineering Lab, Civil Engineering Drawing Sessional (using Auto CAD), Practical Survey.
- Maksuda, Sampa Akter, A. Habib (2017), “Analytic Study and Laboratory Tests for Investigating the Application of Polymer for Achieving High Strength Concretet”, Proceedings of the International Conference on Disaster Risk Mitigation (ICDRM) 2017, Dhaka, Bangladesh, September 23 – 24, 2017.
- Sampa Akter, A T M Masum (2016), “Experimental Study to Investigate the Usability of Fly Ash as Admixture of Cement”, Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference on Advances in Civil Engineering (ICACE) during 21-23 December 2016, Chittagong, Bangladesh
- Sampa Akter, Alamgir Habib (2014), “Producing High Strength Concrete Using Locally Available Materials of Bangladesh”, Proceedings of the 1st IUT International Seminar on Sustainability, Recycling and Durability of Concrete December 8, 2014, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Awards and Honors
- Commandant’s Award four times for good academic result (CGPA of 3.88) in the year of 2010 to 2013.
- Brigadier Kamal Scholarship in the year of 2011 to 2013
- Secured 4th position in American Concrete Institute (ACI) Mortar Workability Competition held in Miniapolis Convention Center, MN, USA (14th April 2013)
- Thana Basis Scholarship for academic excellence.
- Routinely involve in providing laboratory testing services through Center for Advisory and Testing Services (CATS), MIST. Testing services include different routine and conventional laboratory tests for concrete, cement, steel reinforcement, and bricks etc. since 2014.
- Offering Consultation and advisory services through Center for Advisory and Testing Services (CATS), MIST since 2014.
List of Conference, Workshop/Training etc. organized/participated
- Attended Workshop on “Details Study on “Jahazer Chor”
- Attended 1st International Conference on Advances on Civil Engineering, December 20-23, 2015
- Attended “1st Regional Seminar on Climate Change, Water Security and Prospects of Rainwater Harvesting in Bangladesh organized by the CE department of MIST in 27 August 2014”.
- Attended Workshop on “Advanced Bridge Design”
- Attended Short Course on “ Steel Structure Design”
- Organized training course on “ Design of 6-storied RCC building”
- Participated American Concrete Institute (ACI) Spring Convention-2013, USA.
In the year of 2017 visited Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
Indian Institute of Science and Technology (IIEST), Shibpur, Kolcatta
NIIT or NU University, Neemrana, Delhi