Dr. Md. Zoynul Abedin obtained his B.Sc. in Civil Engineering degree in 1976 from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka.
· He joined Roads and Highways Department of Bangladesh in 1977 and worked there as Assistant Engineer and Assistant Structural designer till December 1980.
· He obtained UNDP fellowship in 1979 to pursue postgraduate Diploma in Geotechnical Engineering and obtained Dip. AIT (Geotechnical) in 1980 from Asian institute of Technology, Bangkok, Thailand.
· He was appointed as an Assistant Professor of Civil Engineering at BUET, Dhaka in December 1980.
· Subsequently he obtained his M.Sc. in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical) degree from BUET, Dhaka in 1983 and obtained Commonwealth Scholarship to pursue higher studies leading to Ph.D.
· Dr. Md. Zoynul Abedin obtained Ph.D. in Civil Engineering (Geotechnical) from University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK, in 1986.
· Dr. Abedin became Associate Professor of Civil Engineering at BUET in 1987 and Professor of the same Department in 1996, and worked there until retirement till the end of June, 2017.
· During this period, he worked in various administrative positions of BUET.
· During the period of 1997 and 2004, Dr. Abedin worked as visiting Professor and Professor of Civil Engineering at University of Malaysia, Sarawak (UNIMAS), Malaysia.
· Dr. Abedin has been working as a Professor of Civil Engineering at Military Institute of Science and Technology (MIST), Dhaka since July 2017
· Dr. Abedin Supervised more than 100 project works at postgraduate and undergraduate levels and published more than 40 technical papers.
· He was also engaged in many consultancy works and worked as Committee members in various important projects of Bangladesh.
· His specialized field of interest is Geotechnical and Foundation Engineering. He has more than 40 years of teaching and professional experience in this field.
· Dr. Abedin is a Fellow of the Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB), Member & Vice-President of Bangladesh Society of Geotechnical Engineering (BSGE) and Member of International Society of Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering (ISSMGE).
1. Doctor of Philosophy in Civil Engineering (Civil Engineering/Geotechnical), University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK (1983-86)